HTML Tips and Tricks
- Removing the Underline from Links
- Removes the Underlining from all links on the page. Good for long lists.
- Hover Color
- Changes the color of the link when the mouse is over it.
- Hover Images
- When the user hovers on the button, the image changes.
- Using Buttons as Links
- Several Methods to make buttons clickable to other websites.
- Universal Back Button
- Create a Back Button which returns user to previous page is users history
- Using A Drop-down Menu for Navigation
- Customizing a Drop Down Menu, Select and hop to the site.
- Navigation Bars using images for buttons
- Demostration and instructions for creating a cool navigation bar
- Page Transitions
- Tasteful transition from one page to the next using a blend method.
- Renumbering a List
- Create a list that skips through the numbering sequence
Tables and Divisions
- Pages Footers that Stay Put
- Putting a footer on the page that locks in place.
- Setting Fonts within in Tables
- Set the default font for your cells, and it applies to all cells
Alerts and Other Boxes
- Alert Boxes
- An Alert box appears when the user clicks, focus, or moves over a button.
- Confirmation Message Box
- Displays a OK/Cancel Box before proceeding with a Link.
- Displaying a User Prompt
- The Users types his name into the box, and then it displays on the Page.
- Open a small window to display calculation results
- Close Window button
- When a new window is opened, user can use this button to close the new window.
- Open Full Screen
- Displays the new page Full Screen, the way it was designed
- Disable Right Click Button
- Disables the right click button, and displays an error message if the user attempts to use it.
- Check screen resolution
- If the user does not know his resolution, he may not know which resolution option to select when given the choice.
- Status Bar Message for Links
- Places text on the status bar whenever a user focuses on any link.
Printing Hard Copies
- Page Print
- Click on a link or a button to print the current webpage
Working with Backgrounds
- Background Patterns
- Add some texture to your page without sacrificing color control.
Working with Divisions and Layers
- Page Layout using Divisions
- Sample layouts using the
<div> tag. Click "Show Borders" to view divisions.